Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Handy Manny Envy syndrome

My husband (who will hate me for this post..haha) has Handy Manny Envy syndrome. He's outside right now building a play set and patiently waiting for Manny and his tools to show up....I think he's going to be waiting a while!
Now for those of you who are fortunate enough to have not seen this show, let me tell you a little about it. Handy Manny has tools that not only talk to him, but THEY DO ALL THE WORK TOO!!!! How amazing is that? This show was definitely made by a guy. Only a guy could come up with the concept of this show. Only Disney would put it on their network too...again, a guy thing. (no offense guys!!!)
Don't get me wrong. I can imagine a world where things did their the work on their own, however, I'm not envious. (okay well maybe a little, but we'll get to that later)
Here is my husbands dream. Tools that talk to him, and do all the work. Specially the flat head screw driver, which he is sure was designed by Satan himself. He HATES flat head screwdrivers. If I want to guarantee the silent treatment, I bring home flat head screws!! His next part of his dream, after the tools working is Kelley. Kelley owns the hardware store that has everything imaginable in it...even things that you wouldn't normally see in a hardware store!
So lets sum this up. My hubby's dream is to be a lazy bum, who's tools talk to him and do all the work, with a hot blond owning a store down the street, catering to his every need and want. Yep, sounds like a dream alright!!! haha!
Did I mention that the tools sing too??? Oh and we never see Manny paying either!!! Yeah, I think he's crazy too!!! haha! ( I love you sweetie!! :)
In his defense, Handy Manny is a good guy. He watches his tools closely and teaches them lessons when needed. And they all get along nicely...now if my kids would just pick up on that!!!
But still I wonder, how would it be if this really could happen............
Let's imagine if you will a life of talking household items and they do all the work themselves. (this is were my envy comes in) First, laundry would dance it's way into the washer and dryer. My dryer would then reassure me that he wont loose any of the socks. The basket would then mosey on up (and for some reason I can see my basket as a cowboy with spurs and a hat) and claim the UNWRINKLED clean laundry. The hangers would salsa dance their way to the basket and put their happy little selves into the clothes then salsa dance their way back to the closet. All of this while having a lovely conversation with me!(or singing a catchy little tune)
In the mean time, the dishwasher and sink are having a friendly argument over who can clean the dishes better....I will of course have to come out and reassure them that they both are equally important, and each has a "special" talent. (it wouldn't be real without a lesson!!!) My dishes in the mean time will thank the sink for holding them safe till they can go into the dishwasher and then when they are dry and sparkly, they will march back into the cabinets.
Meanwhile, the laundry basket is making sure the boy clothes and the girl clothes don't do naughty things (which is how laundry multiplies) and he is keeping the socks from running away. The vacuum (we will call him Kirby) wants to know if there is anything he can do for me today. Then without me saying a word, Kirby will spot a bit of dust and get it sucked up before I even know it. Kirby is so nice! He then will go into the kitchen and tell Mr. Coffee to start a pot, we will then all go outside and have a lovely visit till Kevin (guys have Kelley, we have Kevin ladies) shows up with all the groceries I didn't even knew I needed, and that's cause my fridge has a direct line to the grocery store.(and my scissors will have cut the coupons out without my help!)They will put themselves up, all nice and organized. Afterwards, my stove will let out it's retractable arms (we gotta be conservative with space) and start fixing dinner. My husband's singing and dancing tools will show up later to help the sink clean up the mess. This all will happen while my couch sings me a lullaby and gives me a back rub!

See I told you I didn't have Handy Manny Envy syndrome!
Okay I gotta go, Manny didn't show up, so now I have to go help my hubby with the play set...some assembly required my butt....where ARE those singing tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment